Monday 2 July 2012

Simple Khichadi/ 
Chana Daal-Maa Ki Daal Khichadi


Hi Frnds,
Days are very lazy, working women like me are trying hard to cop up with the summery sweaty season, trying to balance life between office and home, by cooking comfort food. But sometimes life is so complicated and your mental and physical health does not allow you to do anything, not even cooking. But in any case we have to cook. Then simple yet healthy things come for rescue. Yesterday I was feeling the same. Mentally and physically tired. Then I decided to make something very simple. I made daal khichadi and veg raita.which is very easy, so healthy and quick. 

I used few ingredients to make it simple

Ingredients:-
Daal (any)        - 2 cup (I used 1 cup chana daal+1cup maa ki daal)
Rice                   - 2 cup
Water               - 10 cups
Tomato            - 1 medium
Salt                    - as per your taste
Cumin seeds  - 1 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp (optional)
Recipe:-
Take your ingredients, Wash daal and rice, cut tomato
Heat oil in cooker

Add coriander seeds and cumin seeds
Add Tomato
Add Daal and rice
Mix Well
Add water
Cover and put whistle/weight on it.

Check after 4-5 whistle, remove if its done, otherwise cover and cook for one more whistle.
DONE

Notes:-

  1. You can use any daal, I used chana and maa ki daal.
  2. Adjust cooking time and water quantity according to daal you are using.
  3. I used small cup for measurement. You can use any suits your requirement.
  4. Serve with curd, raita, pickle or just plain.


    Linking this to sangeetha's event http://sangeethaskitchen.blogspot.in/p/spicy-treats-event-schedule.html which is hosted by  http://naliniscooking.blogspot.in/2012/07/show-me-your-hits-legumes-and-lentils.html 



    Sending this to My Legume Love Affair hosted by Simona of Briciole 
    MLLALogo49Small


    lso sending this to Gayathris event-walk through memory lane http://gayathriscookspot.blogspot.in/p/wtml-round-up-and-host-lists.html
     hosted by  kalyani of  sizzalingbuds




    HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

    LOVE
    PariCash

    1 comment:

    1. I hope you are no longer as tired as when you wrote this post, meaning that you got some rest :) Thank you so much for contributing to My Legume Love Affair.

      ReplyDelete