Savory VermicelliHi Friends,
Days are so lazy now. Hot summers are making us mad. its just starting of may and its really hot in Delhi, God knows what would happen in June. These days its horrible to work in kitchen. I am always looking for easy and quick recipes. I made these sewaiyan few days back. It took me hardly 15 minutes to make it. Actually i made them few months back and nobody liked them. Actually earlier my vermicelli came out very sticky and it was more like khichadi. Kids had it half heartily. My family like only sweet vermicelli. Though i like salty version of it i stopped making it.
But few days back i tasted salted version which my sister made. I liked that very much and thought to give it a try. I made it her way and yes my kids liked it. She use to boil vermicelli separately like we do for noodles. Its prevent them from sticking. This way it came out more delicious and fluffy like rice. Try this method guys you will also like it.
Vermicelli- 1 cup (I used roasted)
Onion - 1 small
Tomato- 1 small
Mustered seeds-1 tsp
Chat Masala- 1 tsp
Coriander Pdr-1 tsp
Red chilly powder-1 tsp
Salt- as per your taste
Heat 3 cups water in a vessel
Boil for one minute
Drain water and run them under water
Let them dry
2 tsp oil in kadai
crackle coriander seeds in it
add tomato and onion
Saute for few seconds
Add boiled vermicelli and mix well
add all spices
cook for more 1-2 minute
Sending this to http://myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.in/2013/05/breakfast-recipes.html
- I have used roasted vermicelli, you can take normal vermicelli and roast in 1 tsp oil and then proceed with the process.
- Boiling vermicelli separately will prevent it from sticking.
- Don't over boil vermicelli otherwise it will go mushy. Boil it only 70%, it will be cooked fully when added in seasoning.
- You can make this upma without onion and tomato or use either of them.
- You can add your favorite veggies to make it more healthy.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE ITLove