Kuttu ke atay ka Dahi Bhalla/
Buckwheat flour dumpling in curd/
Navaratri RecipeHi Friends,
Today i am here with very scrumptious Dahi Bhalla Recipe with Kuttu Atta. This recipe is for People on fast or any Spicy Lover can try these bhallas. They are so spicy and tasty. If kuttu atta is not available at your place then try some other flour which can merge well in potatoes. I made them for hubby and when i was frying bhalla my son tried to grab one and when i told him that there is chilly in this he put it back and asked me to promise to make them again for him. So my all spice lover friends try this lip smacking dish and grab the attention.
Potato- 2 medium boiled
Kuttu Atta/Buckwheat Flour-2 tbsp
Green chilly - 3-4 chopped
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala or coriander powder-1 tsp
Salt- as per your taste
Curd - 2 cups
Red Chilly Pdr- 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala- 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
Coriandar - 1 tbsp
Grab your ingredients
First we will prepare curd
Take curd in a bowl
whisk it, there should be no lumps
Add all spices mentioned in Dahi List
Mix Well and keep in fridge (not freezer)
Now we will make Bhalla
Take potato in a bowl
Add all spices listed in bhalla section
Mash potatoes and Mix everything well
Now add Kuttu Atta/Buckwheat flour
Give it a good mix
Take a lemon size ball and shape them as bhalla
it should not be too thick nor thin
Heat oil in kadai
Drop your vadas in it
Wow see how beautiful they are
See how scrumptious they are
Both things are ready
Heat a Tawa/griddle and spread cumin seeds on it
let them crackle
when they become dark brown Remove from fire and crush them
Now time to assemble
Take a bowl or Wide Plate in which you wat to serve it
Pour some curd in it
Place bhalla on it
Pour more Curd on it
Sprinkle crushed cumin seeds
Garnish with coriander
Or make them in individual bowl
- Be quick while adding flour in potato mix as it starts leave water, so keep you kadai ready with hot oil and after adding flour to potato shape them as vada and fry them as soon as possible.
- If you feel vada is cracking or spreading in oil then wrap vada in flour and fry.
- If you feel mix become watery then add more flour and be quick to process.
- After frying vada, cool them before adding to curd.
- You acn add your favorite spices in curd and vada also.
- Skip chilly (both red and green) if making for kids.
- Be careful while frying vadas, it will sizzle a lot.
- I made curd first and put it in fridge as my husband like it chilled, you can bhalla first and then make curd.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT