Besan ke Ladoo/
Gram Flour Dumplings/
Chickpea flour Dumpling with Almonds/
Diwali SweetsHi Friends,
I was away from my blog. No No i was not lazy or ill. Due to unfavorable circumstances i am not able to cook something special for my blog. Vijaydashmi, Navaratri all gone but my wish to make these besan ladoos remain backdoor. Somehow yesterday i managed to make them.
I always wanted to make these ladoos but earlier when i tried few ladoos then binding become a problem for me. My fault was that i tried rava ladoo first which is i think most difficult in binding so i tried ladoos which don't need cooking and very forgiving when it comes to binding like Poha Nariyal Ladoo, Till gud ke ladoo etc. They are toooo easy to make but my all time wish was to make besan and rava ladoo. I failed few times to make rava ladoo as they are difficult to bind so shifted my plan to besan ladoo.
When i started preparing for making ladoos i was bit scared but i went ahead and very glad to see the outcome. They were very smooth, melt in mouth kind of ladoos and crushed almonds were giving perfect crunchiness. The process is quite tiring as you have to stir the flour continuously for 15-20 minutes on low fire for uniform cooking. But all efforts worth it. All family liked them a lot. In this season this is my first recipe for Diwali. I hope i will be more frequent now with more Diwali recipes. Till then you enjoy making these yellow beauties.
Besan/Gram flour/chickpea flour- 1.5 cups
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Almonds- 1 tbsp
Take your ingredients
Separate cardemom seeds
crush almonds roughly
Now take sugar and cardamom seeds in grinder
make fine powder with it
Heat ghee in a heavy bottom kadai/pan
add sieved flour
mix well ghee and flour it will look dry
then it will seem like bread crumbs but don't worry
slowly it will change color
see its getting darker
it will start leaving sides
cook for more few minutes and its done
take it out in another utensil
My mistake :-p
my plate was warm so it melted a bit but don't worry it will harden up as it will cool down
add powdered sugar and crushed almonds
mix them well
All mixed up perfectly
take out some portion and make round ladoos
be careful it could be real hot
its my daughter's hand
Stud them with a almond
http://gayathriscookspot.blogspot.in/2013/10/walk-through-memory-lane-october.html Hosted by
http://cooksjoy.com/blog/ hosted by
- You can adjust he sweetness as per your preference.
- If you feel after roasting flour properly its still rough and not able to bind it then add more melted ghee 1-2 tsp at a time, mix and try to bind again.
- As soon as flour is all roasted remove it in a another utensil as cooking process still goes on in hot utensil so transfer flour to stop cooking process.
- Make ladoos when flour is still warm. after cooling it would be difficult to bind and making ladoos. But be very careful as flour will be real hot even after transferring to another utensil so wait for 5-10 minutes before proceeding.
- Keep on stirring on low fire for uniform cooking as leaving flour unattended for few seconds could ruin the the of ladoos as this flour can get burned easily.
- You can add cashew, raisins or mix of them to make them more nutty.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT