Eggless Upside down Cake with Wheat Flour and Olive Oil
Celebrating 1 Lakh hit and Received My First Prize Ever
I am so so happy today. Celebrating two milestones in my life. First milestone is my blog crossed 1 Lakh page views which is a great achievement for me. I never thought that my tiny blog have been seen so many times. THANKS TO ALL MY READERS AND FOLLOW BLOGGERS to make me achieve this goal.
Second milestone is that first time i won prize through my BLOG. I participated in the Agar Agar contest organised by Amy of foodssrilanka sponsored by Marine Chemicals. I have mentioned about it in my earlier post. I got packet from Marine Chemical in which contains 10 packets of agar agar as i was selected for 3rd and 4th prize. I was jumping in joy to see my packets. I am planning to make desserts with them. Stay tuned for the upcoming recipes.
I made this pineapple upside down cake to celebrate this occasion. It is my first upside down cake. Before making it i went through so many recipes but all were asking to make caramel sauce first and then arranging pineapple slices on it. But i thought that if we will use canned pineapple, arrange them on sugar then it would be caramelize itself while baking. So i used this method and it came out so yummy. I don't whether it tastes same as caramel method or not but it was surely very yummy. My hubby is on diet these days so keeping in mind his preferences for healthy food i used wheat flour and olive oil. It came out so yum. My kids like it very much. Hubby grabbed more then his share. What else i want? Hope you people will also enjoy it.
(all these ingredients can be increase or decreased according to your pan size. my pan was small so all these were sufficient. Please adjust according to you pan.)
Pineapple- 4 rings
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Cherries- 5-6 (as required)
Wheat flour - 1 cup
All purpose flour/Maida- 1/2 cup
Baking Soda- 3/4 tsp
Baking Powder- 1.5 tsp
Curd- 3/4 cup
Olive Oil- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp (you can use pineapple juice too)
Vanilla Essence- 2 tsp
Collect your Ingredients
Whisk curd in a bowl
Add sugar and oil
Mix them well
Mix well again
Sieve dry ingredients
Now prepare the base
Now take a pan and sprinkle sugar on the base
Arrange Pineapple slices on it
Now add dry ingredients in wet ingredients
Incorporate them well
(i have used 1 tbsp milk+2 tbsp pineapple juice to make smooth batter)
Tip in on the prepared base
Bake for 30 min
Wow beautifully baked
Have a slice
Sending this to http://gourmetglobal.blogspot.in/2013/03/whats-with-my-cuppa.html and http://uk-rasoi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/what-with-my-cuppa.html
- I have used both of flours still cake was so spongy, you can use any one of the flours to make this cake.
- I have used olive oil for healthier version, you can substitute it with 50 gm butter or 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- After baking let the cake cool for only 5 min and invert it otherwise caramelized pineapple will stick to the pan and it would be difficult to remove it.
- It is advisable to cover base of the pan with foil or butter paper so that cake can be inverted easily.
- You can increase or decrease the sugar as per your taste. As i have used pineapple juice so i decreased sugar to 1/4 cup.
- You can also add pineapple chunks or dry fruits to the batter for more flavor.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT