Celebrating 2 lakh pageviews
Saffron Almond Kulfi with Pink Falooda Sev/
Kesar Badaam Kulfi with Pink Sewaiya/
How to make Kulfi at home/
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks
Thanks a Lot
my all dear friends, followers, readers, supporters
Don't know how many times i should thank you all for your immense supportIts a great achievement for me. I am always short of words when it comes to express feelings. So here is my way to express feelings.
A virtual treat for all of you.
I hope you all accepted and my feeling for you all as i don't have words to say anything. I can only say is that this is because all of you i have achieved this milestone.
Now to today's recipe is dedicated to all of you and to my childhood memories which reminds us kulfi wala bhaiya selling these kulfi sticking on long sticks for Rs. 1/- each (now its Between Rs. 15-20 each) . Those days ice creams were a dream and we use to relish kulfi's more then anything. Yesterday while i made this and took a bite i went back to my memory lane and tried to feel the same as i were a small baby but suddenly my son came snatched kulfi matki from hand and my memories went poooof. Reality is i am not a kid, i haaaaave kids who remind me my childhood days. Hmmmm now back to the reality. This kulfi came out so delicious. I made it restaurant style where they serve it with falooda sev. I don't have falooda sev so used bombino vermicelli and it worked so well.
You can make them for parties as kulfi can be set overnight to freeze and pink flooda sev can be prepared and kept in fridge for next day use. Before serving you just have to unmold the kulfi and garnish with pink sev and dry fruits or fruits. Fore more convenient way you can set them in foil cups and before serving add pink sev and garnishing on top and serve. Believe me friends everybody will love it. Just try once and you will make it for every now and then.
Milk- half ltr (3 cups)
Milk powder- 2 tbsp
Condense milk- 2 tbsp
Saffron- 5-6 strands
Almonds- 1 tbsp (crushed roughly)
For pink falooda sev
Vermicelli- 1/2 cup
Roohafza- 2 tbsp
Cold Water- 2 glasses
Ingredients for Kulfi
Ingredients for pink sev
First we will make kulfi
Heat milk in a large vessel
take out about 1 tbsp milk from it
add saffron strands in it
Now add condense milk in the milk we heating
and Milk powder
Let it boil
and boil on high for 5 minutes
Now take saffron infused milk
add in the boiling milk
Mix well and let it simmer
Now after boiling for 7-8 minutes it will be thick
Now add almonds,
switch off the flame
and let it cool down
Take your Molds
i used to kulfi molds+one clay matki+2 foil cups
Pour milk in these molds
Cover them up
READY TO GO IN FREEZER
keep them in freezer for 4-5 hours
i kept them for whole day
Now we will prepare Pink Flooda Sev
Heat 2 glass water+1 tbsp oil in a vessel
when it starts boiling
add sev in it
within 2-3 minutes it will be done
Mix one cup water in roohafza
Now take some cold water
drown you cooked sev in it
again put them in cold water
now add roohafza water in it
your pink beauty is ready
Take out your kulfi
Remove it out from mold and put in a serving plate
sprinkle pink beauty on it
garnish with chopped almonds
bite for all my supporters
Sending this to
Guru’s Cooking Giveaway Kids Special ’13
Sending this to http://gayathriscookspot.blogspot.in/2013/07/wtml.html
hosted by http://samachuruchikalam.blogspot.in/2013/06/wtml-event.html
- Use big and large vessel to boil milk as we will cook it at boiling point and there would be chances of spillage.
- You can add more milk powder and reduce condense milk or vise versa.
- Cool down cooked milk completely before putting them in molds.
- No need to add sugar as condense milk and milk powder will give enough sweetness to it. Please add more sugar if milk powder you are using is not sweet.
- You can add any chopped dry fruit in it. Pista will pair well.
- Freezing temperature is different in all fridges so freezing time can be vary.
- You can use bombino vermicelli or any other sev available but it should not be salted one.
- While cooking sev, please check after every 30 seconds to ensure that it should not be over cooked as it takes few minutes to cook and overcooking them will make them mushy.
- After cooking sev put them in chilled water for more batter results as it will prevent them from sticking if not then normal cold water will work too.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT