Kheer with Gond Katira/
Food to Beat the Heat/
How to use Gond Katira/
Beat the Heat with Gond Katira
Gond katira before soaking
Today i am here with a very interesting recipe. It is a sweet dish which can be modified and served to any age group. Few days back i went to a very short break to Punjab where my daughter nose started bleeding due to very hot and humid weather, it happened thrice a day then it scared me so we rushed to the doctor. luckily doctor was at just next door. After medication she got well but few old people around there asked me to give her GONDKATIRA also known as
Gond Katira- 1 tsp (i used 2 but it was too much)
Milk - half ltr (2 full glasses)
Sugar - according to taste
Cardemom - 2 (optional)
Rose Essence- few drops (optional)
Dry fruits- 2 tsp (optional)
Take your ingredients
Boil milk, cardamom seeds, rose essence and sugar
Till reduces a bit and then let it cool down and chill it in fridge
(after cooling i kept it in freezer for 15 minutes)
Now we will see how Gond Katira Looks like
It seems like edible gum but its different
Take one glass water a soak in it
after one hour it was like this
(now i realized that i have soaked too much)
When i reached home then it was like this
I realised that water is less so i shifted it in another vessel and added more water
somewhat similar to ice
I took water and washed it thrice as it has some impurities
Ready to use
Now take your ingredients to assemble
Take some katira in a bowl
Add milk according to the thickness you like
- Don't mislead by its size. After soaking it will swell up a lot. 3-4 cadbury gem size pieces are enough for two.
- It is said that it is always used in cold milk, juices etc. So never heat it. Boil milk till reduced a bit, cool it then chill it and then mix it with Katira.
- You can use condense milk for more tastier kheer as it will be more thick and blend.
- Add sugar according to your taste. But chilled milk need more sugar so taste before mixing it with Katira then use accordingly.
- Using nuts and rose essence is purely optional, you can skip it but it will enhance the taste so i recommend to use it.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT