I am very sad these days as my camera is broken (my innocent son is behind this) and i am not able to take pictures of food i am preparing. Yesterday i made Naankhatai(Indian Biscuits) and it came out so yummm. I wanted to post it but camera was not there. Hope it will be soon repaired and i will be back with picture wise recipes. Actually most of the time i post recipe which i made last night and posted that here in the morning. So i am missing this very badly. Now to the recipe. So today i am here with very simple but yumm rice preparation.
Few days back there was lack of coriander at our place. Now when winter knocked the door green fresh coriander is available plenty in the market and i am using it daily. My hubby always ask to add some more in his bowl. So after watching him enjoying coriander that much. I just thought to make some rice with it. It came out so nice. Everybody enjoyed it very much. Aroma was just wonderful. When hubby saw that rice he was quite happy and didn't asked for more to add in his bowl. He was happy, so i was. Please try it if you are a coriander or green lover.
Rice- 2 cups
Coriander - 1/2 cup (clean wash and chop)
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Grab your ingredients
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai
crackle cumin seeds in it
Add half of coriander
Add rice and remaining coriander in it
Add 4 cups water
(as i soaked rice for 10 min i used 3 cups)
Throw in salt
Let it boil and cooked completely
Mix Gently and Serve with any Dry or gravy side dish
- You can increase and decrease the quantity of coriander as per your liking.
- You can use ghee (Indian clarified butter) instead of oil.
- Even you can skip salt and make plain rice and serve with any side dish.
- If using slat in rice then be careful about the side dish as that already having salt in it.
- If you are using pre-soaked rice then use only 3 cups of water and if using raw rice then add 4 cups. (still it depends upon which type of rice you are using so adjust water accordingly).
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT