Instant Strawberry spread/
Quick strawberry Jam/
Strawberries CoulisHi Friends,
You can call it anything. As its similar to all these things like jam/caulis/spread. Its a instant accompaniment to jazz up your simple roti, bread or some cake or pudding. If you or your kid are a strawberry fan then you will love it. Red color of this spread looks awesome and adds color to a simple boring dish. Like i got bored to give my kids same chapati roll smeared with tomato sauce and potato or any other veggie.
When i made this my son saw the color and said mammy color is very yummy :) . I have seen this caulis recipe in so many blogs and wanted to try it. I tried it with my own instinct and result was awesome. Its a very good option to your regular mix/pinapple jam /orange marmalade. I put this as chapati roll in my kids box to have it after lunch as sweet. I made a small chapati to make roll. You can pack them as wrap also to have it in lunch. So choice is yours.
Strawberries-10 big or 1 cup chopped
Sugar- 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice- 1 tsp optional see notes
Take some red juicy strawberries
clean and wash them properly
Now all you need is chopped strawberries + sugar
add sugar in chopped strawberries
mix them well and cover and leave for 5 minutes
after 5-7 minutes see how they leached out juice
now put them in a pan and start heating
it will start boiling
let it boil on medium heat
see now its thickening
It will become more thick after cooling down
READY TO USE
I LOVE ITS COLOUR
I had it with strawberry pudding cake (recipe soon)
combo was heavenly
or use it as spread on bread/roti
i made this chapati roll for kids breakfast
- For more faster method make puree of strawberries and proceed with the method. But i like it bit chunky with some strawberry tit bits so chopped them in small size. So choice is totally up to you.
- You can let the strawberries marinate for 5 to 15 minutes or even in hurry you can skip this. So this step is optional but highly recommended.
- You can adjust the sweetness of this coulis/jam/spread according to your liking.
- Add more sugar if strawberries are sour and you want to hide that taste.
- If you want sour taste and strawberries are sweet not tart then add 1 tsp lemon juice after it cools down.
Hope you will like it