Quick Fix Side Dish
SPICY ONION TOMATO/ BHARWA TAMATAR PYAAZ
Don't you feel that Life is soo fast these days, everybody is running around. even food is now called FAST FOOD. Ppl are so busy but they do not compromise when it comes to food. My son who is a fussy eater, do not touch his plate if he find something non appealing food in his plate.
So here the recipe goes:-
Onion - 5-6
Tomato - 5-6
Salt - As per your taste (I used one tsp)
Chat masala - 1 tsp
Amchoor Powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 3tbsp
Take your ingredients
Peal the onions and cut top part of tomato
Mix salt amchoor powder and chat masala
Slit onions and tomatoes from top but keep the bottom intact
Now with the help of knife or with hands fill the masala in tomatoes and onions
Now heat oil in pan or kadai
Put onion and tomatoes in pan one by one (be carefull as it may sizzle a bit)
After 10 minutes - stuff goes mushy (if u have some leftover masala after filling, u can sprinkle on the stuff at this stage)
Ready to serve - Garnish it with coriander
A sigh of relief for me when my son had it
- You can make this stuff with only amchoor and salt.
- My kids do not touch food if there is chilly in that. so i avoid it in my food. You can add any spice like red chilly,green chilly, turmeric powder etc.
- Tomatoes tends to cook faster so if u like them less mushy add onion and first and then add tomatoes in pan after 5-7 minutes.
- You can cook onions for more 5 minutes if u don't like the raw smell.
- You can garnish it with coriander and lemon juice at the end (i do not have either in my hand)
- You can make this dish with tomato or onion only.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT