Tuesday 21 August 2012

Pav Bhaji

PAV BHAJI

Hi Friends,
Pav bhaji, a famous delicacy of Mumbai. Now in whole India you can find stalls of Pav Bhaji. My love this very much. I make my own versions at home. Now and then my kids and hubby demands for this. So make it often. Even some times sudden demands raises from my family and i make it even if any ingredients is less. I replace some ingredients with other and believe me i never disappointed.  I make it bit runny as my kids like it that way. If you want to make it bit thicker then use less water. You can use your favorite veggies for more healthier version. 

Ingredients:-
Pav - 1 packet (contains 6 pav) you can use home made
Pav Bhaji Masala - 2 tsp 
Boiled Potato  - 3 medium
Peas                - 1 cup
Beans              - 1/2 cup
Onion              - 3 medium (i used 2 tbsp tomato puree)   
Tomato           - 3 medium  
Gingar             - 1 inch piece
Garlic              - 8-10 pods
Red Chilly pdr- 1/2 tsp
Salt                 - 1 tsp

Method :- 
Take you ingredients

Boil your veggies and mash potato

Cut onion, tomato, ginger, garlic thinly and mix mashed potato and boiled veggies

Heat 1 tbsp oil in kadai and add chopped onion, ginger, garlic

Now add salt and chilly pdr and tomato puree
 
Saute for few seconds and add potato veggie mix

Mix Well

Add PAV BHAJI Masala and mix well

Add one glass water in it
(for thinner version add only half glass)

Mix well, cover and give a good boil

Within two min its ready to serve

Now Take your Pao and slit them in the middle, Apply butter

 heat a tawa and grease with oil/butter
and place your pao on it

Cook from both sides

NOW SERVE THEM TOGETHER

 YUMMYYYYYYYYYY


Let's Cook


ending to Jagruti's event Celebrating Monsoon of India


Also sendign this to anu's South indian kitchen series 

ending this to Jagriti's Event- Super Foods ww.jagrutidhanecha.com/2012/08/announcing-jco-event-super-foodssuper.html


Notes:-
  1. I ran out of tomato so i used tomato puree, that why bhaji is less red in color.
  2. Add any of your favorite veggie. I like only these two. 
  3. Add chilly pdr and salt as per your taste.
  4. I used store bought pao, you can use home made buns (recipe coming soon).
  5. You can mash veggies after boiling them, i like them tit bit size.

HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

LOVE 
PariCash




















8 comments:

  1. I dont mind having this dish anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I feel really hungry after reading your blog.
    Your dish looks absolutely delicious
    Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have tried Pav Bhaji at Indian Restaurant here in USA. Found it a lil spicy but good tasty food. My friend said to reduce the spice squeeze some lemon juice, it will give you a spicy and tangy taste and trust me it was awesome!!!Yours too looks good and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear all Thank you so much for your words. These inspires me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing and I want to share information about Madras Bistro which offers a wide range of delicious North and South Indian vegetarian dishes. Situated in the heart of Bergen County, Madras Bistro is located in Hackensack, NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article thanks for sharing.......
    please visit in this site for kathi roll which is very good in looking and test....
    chowringhee rajendar nagar

    ReplyDelete