Tuesday 2 October 2012

Chewy Chocolate Oats Bar

Chewy Chocolate Oats Bar
Hi Friends,
I am so excited to see so many entries in my First event. Now i am working upon that to select a winner and its too difficult as recipes are so tempting. I hope i will do it within few days. Thanks a lot guys to make my event such a huge success.
Now to the recipe. One more dish is strike off from my wish list, i wanted to make some bars for my kids. I saw so many recipes but don't know why there was not any perfect one for me. So few days back I decided to give it a try and followed my imagination and chose ingredients and went ahead. It came out so chewy. This is a absolutely flexible recipe. You can omit or add anything you like or increase or decrease any ingredient. There is no need to keep them in fridge. If keeping in fridge then take them out 10-15 min before you want to enjoy them. It was shiny, chewy, healthy and perfect for all. So guys do try them and let me know the outcome.

Ingredients:-
Melted Chocolate- 1/2 cup
Oats - 1 cup
Honey- 1/2 cup
Condense Milk-1/2 cup
Chopped Dates- 1 tbsp
Marie Biscuits- 3-4 (crush them roughly)

Method:-
Gather your ingredients

Prepare your pan with foil paper

Take melted chocolate in a bowl 


Add shining honey in it


Mix up condense milk


MIX WELL


Throw oats and chopped dates in it


Add crushed biscuits


Give it a good mix

Tip this in prepared pan and level it

Bake for 10 min on medium heat 
take out and let it completely cool 

Don't make pieces like this
 (i did this mistake ang got uneven pieces)
Now put this in fridge for 15-30 min and let it completely set

Check it by pressing by hand , if its firm then its done now
Now cut it in pieces


Pieces were shining like anything


ENJOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

[clip_image002%255B4%255D.jpg]


Notes:-
  1. Don't cut the pieces after baking. Cut them after they become firm in the fridge. It will give you nice shape bars.
  2. You can use half oats and half dates in it. Or skip dates totally.
  3. You can omit condense milk, use only honey and chocolate or skip honey totally. 
  4. You can use nuts, seeds, dry fruit and make it more healthy, i was trying first time so didn't used so many things.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

LOVE
PariCash









5 comments:

  1. congrats on so many entries!!! it was fun participating!! and this one looks so yummy!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids - Combo Meals
    Ongoing Event + Giveaway - CEDD – HONEY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Pari - you can add this for my honey event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow pari this is amazing. i m no fan of oats but this looks delicious. mayb i try with almonds and cashews./ and tell me the right temp to bake this.
    i made tht brownie again yday and it came out really yummy.

    and yes eagerly waiting for ur event winner and i guess u have stil kept surprise eh


    Mysore pak

    Join my first event -- Be My guest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MEENA,
    I always bake my things in cooker, i hope your read in my blog that i don't have any oven, i always heat my cooker with Sand in it on full gas and then bake them on medium flame. I baked these for 8-10 min on medium flame.then after cooling kept in fridge for 15-20 min
    Event will take some more time dear. Have patience. heheheh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh ya i know u dont hv the oven
      i did read abt sand and baking in oven

      never tried tht but this looks yummy

      and ofcourse i m keeping patience
      hehee

      Delete